Performs calculations and records general ledger entries in support of C.H. Briggs’ transaction activity in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures. Analyzes and reconciles recorded activity for cash and inventory to ensure accuracy. Maintains fixed asset records, processes claims for amounts owed by vendors for marketing support programs or damaged/defective materials. Supports financial, bank, other audits and information requests as needed. Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation and monitoring of company cash accounts. Record line/loan activity, fees, and other activity as applicable. Report line usage and ensures compliance with bank borrowing limits
- Reconcile stock, non-stock inventory accounts on a daily basis. Reconcile consigned inventory monthly. Record related activity and investigates and resolves identified differences daily
- Perform inventory roll forward and assist in the preparation of the borrowing base certificate
- Monitor Obsolete inventory levels
- Maintain fixed asset records, ensure proper sales/use tax compliance. Coordinate system updates with Herbein and Company, records activity on general ledger
- Perform all accounting and accounts payable functions for Company subsidiaries Briggs Transportation Company and Jenklein LLC
- Allocate internal account invoices, monitors all internal AR accounts
- Submit requests and work with vendors to ensure timely collection of credits owed to Briggs for rebates, returns to vendors, defective products, marketing programs etc.
- Provide sample and display data to complete samples analysis for the sales team
- Monitor shipping damage, files freight and UPS/FedEx claims as needed
- Prepare general ledger account reconcilements and account analyses for assigned accounts using standardized format on agreed upon frequencies
- Perform special projects as requested
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup functions, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task and organize projects
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Results oriented, proactive in investigating and resolving differences identified in reconciliation process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and supervisory capabilities
- Strong math skills
- Deadline oriented
REQUIRED EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- Two years’of work experience in a junior accounting role
- Basic understanding of business operations
C.H. Briggs is a third generation, family-owned company that has been in business for over 50 years. We are one of the largest independently-owned distributors of specialty building materials on the east coast. Learn more about our company at www.chbriggs.com.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long term disability; Paid Time Off; 401k with company match.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. If you meet our basic job requirements, you will initially be contacted via email so please make sure your current email address is included.